Man Burned By Heater After Filling It With Wrong Fuel

A fire broke out inside a Grifton mobile home Monday morning after a the man who lived there tried to pour the wrong type of fuel in a heater and he caught fire.

It happened on Smith Street in the Pitt County town of Grifton. A family member says around 10:30 this morning, Marvin Phillips tried to put more fuel inside the heater when it caught fire. We're told he mistakenly put regular gasoline in the kerosene heater and Phillips was severely burned on his legs and taken to the hospital and treated and released.

"When you have that equipment in the house and you're use it have a 3-feet clearance and make sure the room is ventilated.," said Shannon Terry with Greenville Fire/ Rescue

Earlier this month pastor Solomon Adams was taken to the Jaycee Burn Center in Chapel Hill after he turned on the heater at the Love Tabernacle Church in Pinetown and the heater exploded. He was still at the burn center Monday and now listed in fair condition.