Kitchen Fire In Jacksonville Apartment Displaces Renters

Local renters had to sleep somewhere other than home Tuesday night after a kitchen fire in one of their apartment building

Courtesy: Jacksonville Dept. of Public Safety

Local renters had to sleep somewhere other than home Tuesday night after a kitchen fire in one of their apartment building's units.

Jacksonville Deputy Fire Chief Spencer Lee said crews were called to the Liberty Crossing Apartments in Jacksonville around 4:20 Tuesday afternoon.

That is at 200 Carmen Avenue, across Plaza Drive, from the Onslow County Public Library.

Crews said they had to evacuate the building after a kitchen fire in unit 1502.

The fire was put out quickly, and no one was hurt.

Firefighters did have to cut off power to the building.

No word yet on what caused that fire, but we know the apartment management and the Red Cross are working together to make sure the people who live in the damaged apartment have a place to stay.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 266374211 - witn.com/a?a=266374211