Kinston Taco Bell Back Open After Firefighters Say Gas Lines Ignite In Kitchen

A Taco Bell had to shut down temporarily after a kitchen fire.

Commander Kevin Scully with the Kinston Fire Department tells WITN the fire started after an electrical short in a small refrigerator around the 9:00 hour this morning. Scully says that short caused 2 gas lines behind the refrigerator and some deep fryers to ignite.

Scully says that there were quite a bit of flames until the gas was shut off. There’s minor damage to the kitchen, officials say.

Officials say there were no injuries.

An employee with the Taco Bell who answered the phone says the business is back open.




 
We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the witn.com guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus