Hot Lunch At Jacksonville Wendy's


The sign out in front of a Jacksonville fast food restaurant was "flame broiled" today, and it wasn't at a Burger King.

The large sign at the Wendy's on Western Boulevard went up in flames around 12:30 p.m.

Fire Marshal John Reed says a cigarette probably caused the fire after someone didn't dispose of it properly and it caught the mulch on fire at the base of the sign.

Flames were shooting some 10 feet in the air, and the heat ended up melting the plastic message board letters up top.

No one was injured in the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 265409271 - witn.com/a?a=265409271