Greenville Firefighters Respond To Dryer Fire At Cleaning Business

Firefighters in Greenville quickly responded to a dryer fire that threatened a local cleaning business.

Greenville Fire & Rescue responded right around 5:30 p.m. to Bowen Cleaners at 1990 Smythewyck Drive. Officials say they were able to extinguish the fire before it spread.

Owner Bill Bowen says that they believe that the person using the dryer left something in their clothing that triggered the fire. Officials say the fire caused minor damage to the wall and surrounding driers.

Officials say that there were no injuries.

Bowen says that the business is now back open following the fire.

We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus