Greenville Fire Crews Respond To Two Fires Saturday

Battalion Chief Shannon Terry says there were two fires in Greenville Saturday.

Crews responded to the first one at 4:40 in the morning at 1701 Douglas Ave. Terry says this was the result of an unattended cooking fire, and this is the top reason why people have house fires.

She says one person was taken to Vidant Medical Center and treated for possible smoke inhalation.

Crews responded to the second fire at 8:41 at night at 930 S Evans St to investigate the smell of smoke. Terry says firemen noticed smoke coming from the attic of the two-story home. She says they were able to quickly put out the attic fire.

Residents had already been outside before crews arrived and were not injured.

Deputy Bryant Beddard determined an unintentional electrical fire started in the attic over the attached garage.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 271599781 - witn.com/a?a=271599781