Greenville Family Displaced After Lightning Strike Believed To Have Sparked Fire

A family was displaced this weekend after a fire breaks out at the garage of their home.

It happened on Pearl Drive in the Red Oak neighborhood around 11:00 p.m. Saturday, according to the family.

Family tells us they believe that lightning struck the home and sparked the fire. We’re told that a neighbor ran over to the home, pounded on the door, and rang the doorbell to wake them up.

The family, who says they’ve lived in the home for 25 years, is being put up in hotel by the Red Cross.

The garage was destroyed, while the home itself suffered some fire and heavy smoke damage, according to family.

Family tell us that nobody was injured.