A street in Snow Hill has reopened following a natural gas leak this morning.
The prompted the evacuation of Snow Hill Primary School and others nearby.
The leak was across the street from the school on South 2nd Street.
Authorities say a man who lives just a few hundred feet from the school cut the gas line while using a backhoe on his property.
Fire crews responded quickly because they were at the school for Fire Prevention Week presentations.
Students were bussed back to the school shortly after the street reopened.