French Fries Fire Leaves Grandmother, Son & Grandson Homeless

Another Eastern Carolina family has lost their home during Thanksgiving week to a fire.

Three generations lived in the home on East Azalea Street in Rose Hill. Friends say the woman's son and grandson were making french fries last night when the grease fire got out of control and gutted their home.

Serena Gilbert had just paid off her house two months ago and didn't have insurance, according to friends. Her 28-year-old son and 5-year-old grandson were able to get out of the house without injuries.

Friends say Gilbert, who works three jobs, was at work when the fire broke out.

We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus