Volunteer firefighters tackled the heat to put out flames at an abandoned turkey house.
A fire broke out at the facility in Hookerton Thursday morning. Approximately 50 volunteer firefighters responded to the call and battled the fire for nearly two hours.
Crews were doing what they could to keep the firefighters hydrated and prevent other health risks that come along with being overheated on a hot day.
"We have a bunch of manpower here because of the heat," explained Deputy Fire Marshal Trey Cash. "We also have our EMS units here to check on blood pressures, heart rates, make sure our firefighters are hydrated."
Volunteer firefighters came from both Greene and Lenoir counties. Cash said none of them were injured battling the blaze.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.