A family of four is homeless after their home caught fire just before midnight on Sunday.
Greenville Battalion Chief Tony Smart said crews got the call at 11:40PM to a home at 109 North Elm Street. When firefighters arrived, flames were coming from the attic of the home. That is where crews had to concentrate their efforts. The home was a total loss.
No one was injured in the house fire as the two adults and two children inside were alert by a smoke alarm. The American Red Cross is helping the family with temporary shelter.
Investigators say electrical wiring in the attic started the fire.