A stove top fire forced a man from his home Wednesday morning as firefighters were called for help.
Kinston Fire officials said they got the call at 1:57 a.m. Wednesday to 1309 Airlee Drive, a home not far from the Kinston Country Club.
Firefighters told WITN food was left cooking on the stove, unattended, when the fire kicked up.
One young man was home at the time and got out safely, according to officials.
Crews tell us there was minimal fire damage confined to the kitchen and some smoke damage to the other parts of the house.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.