ECU Dorm Has Water Damage After Microwave Fire

A sprinkler system quickly extinguished a fire in an ECU dorm this morning.

Greenville firefighters were called to Jones Hall around 9:00 a.m.

The university says the microwave, which was in housekeeping area, caught fire and caused the sprinkler system to go off.

ECU says they had minor water damage on the fourth floor, with some leaking on the third floor.

No students are currently in Jones, while a camp is scheduled to use the dorm this Sunday. ECU says they expect repairs to be completed before then.




 
We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the witn.com guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus