UPDATE: Police Identify Known Drug Dealer Who Led Them On High-Speed Chase

A local man is facing a laundry list of charges, after he led police on a high-speed chase Monday.

Greenville Police attempted to arrest a known drug dealer in the parking lot of the Cash 'N Carry on Old Pactolus Road around 4 p.m. Police say the suspect, 33-year-old Najja Miller, was sitting in his vehicle at the time.

When officers approached Miller, they say he became very agressive, rammed a police vehicle, and tried to run over police personnel. He began driving west toward the airport on Old Pactolus Road.

Greenville Police pursued Miller for about two miles. When it became a clear public safety concern, the officers backed off of the pursuit. That's when police say Miller wrecked his vehicle. He was taken to Vidant Medical Center for non-life threatening injuries.

Police say two ski masks and large quantities of cocaine were recovered from Miller's car and collected as evidence.

Greenville Police have charged Miller with felony assault with a deadly weapon with intent to kill, as well as 10 other drug charges.

Highway Patrol also responded since the crash occurred outside city limits. They have also charged Miller with reckless driving, going 100 in a 55 mile-per-hour zone, along with many other moving violations.

"I am grateful that our officers were unharmed by this violent attack on law enforcement," said Police Chief Hassan Aden. "We have increased the safety of our community by taking this violent offender off our streets."
Previous story:

A high-speed police chase ended Monday afternoon with the vehicle landing on its top just outside of Greenville.

Troopers say the 3:30 p.m. chase with Greenville officers exceeded 100 miles per hour on Pactolus Highway.

The Highway Patrol says the fleeing car ran off the right side of the road, came back onto the highway and crossed the center line. The car then went off the road a second time, hit a ditch and overturned.

The driver, who has not yet been identified, was taken to Vidant Medical Center. No other vehicle was damaged in the accident.

Greenville police confirm they were chasing the car as part of a drug investigation.

Pactolus Highway was shut down for a little over an hour because of the crash.