Family Escapes Fire That Destroyed Mobile Home

By  | 

A family has escaped an early morning mobile home fire.

Fire officials said three crews were called to a mobile home on River Road in Craven County around 3 a.m. Wednesday.

A man, his pregnant wife and their four-year-old son escaped the fire. The woman said she heard popping sounds and smelled smoke, and the family then escaped the house. No one was injured.

The home is a total loss.

Craven County Emergency Management Director Stanley Kite says it appears the fire started from coals that had been cleaned out of the wood stove and put on the front porch.



 
Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus