Ayden Mobile Home Damaged In Fire

A kitchen fire Thursday afternoon in Pitt County had crews on the scene of a local mobile home, where they initially thought a boy was trapped inside.

It happened on Club Drive in Ayden.

The spokesman for Ayden Fire and Rescue, Donald Skinner, tells us they got the call around 4:30 p.m., and at the time, they believed a 15-year old boy was in the house.

Fortunately, the boy had left with his friends before the fire broke out.

Crews controlled the fire within 15 minutes. Club Drive was blocked off for close to an hour.

We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the witn.com guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus