Two students at a Pitt County high school were rushed to the hospital today, after an apparent overdose.
Pitt County 911 got the call to North Pitt High School just before noon.
School system spokesman Brock Letchworth says the two students were 9th graders.
He says one student was sleeping in class and the teacher tried to wake him up, but he was unresponsive. An ambulance was called, they got him awake and took the teen to Vidant Medical Center, according to Letchworth.
The other student was sent to the office for not feeling well. The school system spokesman says that student passed out in the office and was transported to Vidant as well.
Letchworth says students told school administrators they "took a pill of some sort." He says their parents were notified and both have been stabilized and are coherent at Vidant.
The Pitt County Sheriff's Office is investigating.