Kerosene Heater May Have Caused Deadly Fire

A kerosene heater may be the cause of a deadly house fire in Bertie County.

It happened at a home on Powell Street in Colerain on Friday. Sheriff Greg Atkins says 45-year-old Clifton Miller was the only person in the house at the time of the fire.

Atkins says the home received severe damage. The sheriff says they believe the fire began as a result of a kerosene heater, though they are still investigating.

We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus