We now know what caused a Pamlico County church to burn down Monday afternoon.
The fire marshal says an overheated electrical outlet started the fire at the Bethany Christian Church in Arapahoe.
An investigation shows the wiring was at least 50 years old and it overheated, even though nothing was plugged in to the outlet.
More than a dozen fire departments were called to battle Monday's blaze.
Thunderstorms plagued firefighters as they battled the flames. Heavy rains did help in extinguishing the fire.
Parishioners plan to hold services this weekend at a nearby Christian camp.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.