The explosion of a small battery caused the
evacuation of two science buildings at North Carolina State
Authorities say one person was taken to a hospital for treatment
of injuries that were described as not being life-threatening.
Cox Hall was evacuated because of a strong odor of sulfur, and
Dabney Hall was evacuated because it's connected to Cox. Campus
police sergeant Jon Barnwell says the explosion occurred about 3:15
p-m in a sixth-floor lab at Cox Hall when someone inserted a small
battery into an instrument
Authorities say acid hit one person in the face.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.