An official in Nags Head says they're lucky that a fire that damaged the front porch of the town offices wasn't worse. The early morning fire on Wednesday caused between a thousand and two-thousand dollars in damages. Nags Head spokeswoman Roberta Thuman says a woman delivering newspapers discovered the fire about 4:30 a-m. Thuman says the fire apparently started in mulch next to the front porch of the town hall building at the Municipal Complex, perhaps by a discarded cigarette. Thuman says there are police officers and firefighters on duty at that time of morning, and that there's also a cleaning person that comes in early, but still she says the town was lucky.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.