The plant in Wilson where two men were killed from apparent carbon monoxide poisoning could open Monday.
Ethan Jones and Melton Johnson worked for Wheeler Electrical Company and died Saturday. They were found unconscious at the Kidde Aerospace and Defense Building. About 50 people were treated at Wilson Medical Center after the bodies of Jones and Johnson were discovered.
Officials say tests showed that carbon monoxide levels in the
building were almost 50 times the normal level.
Emergency crews say the men might have been overcome by toxic
fumes when using a gas-powered saw in a sealed-off room.
The incident happened during work on a three-point-four (M)
million expansion of the plant to house a design and engineering
Federal and state labor officials are investigating the deadly accident.