Many people with stomach sickness across Eastern Carolina think they may be among those affected by the peanut butter tainted with salmonella bacteria. ConAgra says it’s investigating how its Peter Pan and Great Value brands, with the code 2111, got contaminated. Audrey Washington talked to a local mother who says her daughter fell sick after eating peanut butter that she believes was contaminated. As of Friday, 39 states have reported salmonella cases. Fifteen cases have been reported in North Carolina. A mother in Greenville says her daughter fell ill after eating peanut butter from a jar with product code "2111". Vomiting and diarrhea are symptoms of salmonella infection. Anyone with a contaminated jar should throw it away.