A 57-year-old Wilmington woman died yesterday morning after her clothing caught fire.
Police say Shirley McFaddin came out of her apartment and cried for help. A neighbor tried to extinguish the flames, but it was too late.
Police think the fire was accidental and might have happened while McFaddin was smoking a cigarette.
The apartment building manager says tenants at the building either are over the age of 55 or have a disability.
He also says there was no fire damage to the apartment.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.