The streets of downtown Washington in Beaufort County were flooded with scared residents Friday morning, after officials say a gas leak spread through the neighborhood.
According to Washington Fire and Rescue officials, a construction crew working on the Moss Property Project accidentally struck a gas line around 9:40 Friday morning, which led to a dangerous gas leak through Water, East Main and Second Streets in downtown Washington.
Crews were finally able to find the underground valve and shut it off. Residents were allowed back inside their homes around 11:30AM.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.