Thick smoke in a Wayne County Elementary School led to an evacuation Friday.
Officials say the children at Meadow Lane Elementary School on Ash Street in Goldsboro were taken outside around 11 AM.
Officials say an electrical box in a hallway shorted out and caught fire.
A staff member was able to put out the flames with an extinguisher.
The students were allowed back inside about an hour later, but six classrooms and the gymnasium were left without power.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.