A Craven County family and their poodle survived an early morning fire Friday. Officials say the home at 2205 Highway 17 North in Bridgeton caught fire at 3 a.m. Luckily all three people and their dog escaped. They say regular household items started the fire, when their son spilled paint on the carpet, then tried cleaning it up with paint thinner. They say his rubbing the carpet sparked the blaze. The cause is officially under investigation, but fire officials do say that paint thinner and a sparked could have started a fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.