A mother, father and two children were able to safely escape their burning mobile home Saturday afternoon in Lenoir County.
It happened on Eric Sparrow Road in Deep Run around 12:30 p.m. Law enforcement officials who were in the area for an unrelated matter actually called in the fire.
Officials believe the blaze started because of a candle in the kitchen. The home is most likely a complete loss because of heat and smoke damage.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.