UPDATE: Ahoskie Fugitive Arrested In Virginia

A suspect wanted following a shooting in Herftord County that prompted a lockdown of several schools this week has been arrested in Virginia.

The Henrico County Police SWAT team near Richmond arrested 35-year-old Terrence Faison Friday morning.

The shooting in Ahoskie happened Tuesday where a teenage boy was shot at the Pine Gate Apartments near Ahoskie Elementary School.

That school and several others were placed on lockdown while officers searched for Faison.


Police have identified the man they say shot a teenage boy at an apartment complex Tuesday, prompting three area schools to go on lockdown.

Ahoskie Police said they are looking for 35-year-old Terrence Faison.

Faison is accused of shooting a teenager at the Pine Gate Apartments Tuesday afternoon, across the street from Ahoskie Elementary School.

The elementary school, Bearfield Primary, and Hertford County High School all went into lockdown mode a little after 2 p.m. after the shots were fired.

Neighbors in the area tell reporters Faison had a court date Tuesday, and after court, he went to his girlfriend's apartment at Pine Gate and shot the teenage boy who was there with her.

Police have not released the name of the victim or his condition.

Investigators said they searched every bus and school building before lifting the lockdown and releasing students.

Faison has already served prison time after a second degree murder conviction in Hertford County from 2005.

The Roanoake-Chowan News Herald reports Faison served a little more than nine years in prison for that conviction.

Police said he is to be considered armed and dangerous.

If you see Faison, you are asked to immediately call 911 or police at (252)-332-5012.


WITN has confirmed three schools were put into lockdown in Ahoskie about 2:15 p.m. Wednesday.

Hertford County High School, Bearfield Primary and Ahoskie Elementary were all locked down.

School officials tell WITN News it was a precaution after shots were fired in a nearby neighborhood. There's no word if anyone was shot.

Officials say the suspected shooter was still on the loose at last update, so law enforcement contacted the school system as a precaution.

School officials told us at 3 p.m. that buses are being loaded under the guidance of law enforcement.