The case of the trapped miners in West Virginia is highlighting a danger we could face in our homes.
The air in the mine has three times the safe level of carbon monoxide, a colorless, odorless gas that can kill. The same gas can be present in your home if you use gas heat. The best defense is a carbon monoxide detector.
For more safety tips, click on the link below:
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.