Fire Doesn't Break Spirit

A Kinston family is slowly picking up the pieces to get their lives back on track after fire destroyed their home just before the holidays.

On December 16, Margaret Smith came home from work to find her kitchen scorched and her apartment unlivable thanks to heavy smoke damage from a grease fire that began on the stove. After the fire, Smith and her family stayed with friends.

This week, the family of five moved into a new apartment in Kinston. Smith says while the holidays were a challenge, she calls herself a survivor and has only grown stronger through the experience.


WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 2128177 - witn.com/a?a=2128177
Gray Television, Inc.