Kinston authorities say the cause of a fire that nearly destroyed a home there was electrical.
Early Sunday morning, Linda Streeter was forced to flee her Jackson Lane home when a fire broke out. Firefighters say by the time they got there, the flames had spread. They were able to bring the fire under control quickly, but not before the home sustained heavy smoke damage.
While firefighters know the fire was electrical in nature, there not exactly sure of the origin.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.