A fire in the Craven County city of Havelock has sent three children to hospitals Sunday night.
Officials have confirmed that apartment 178-R in the Pineville Apartments off McCotter Boulevard caught fire around 7:20 Sunday night. Officials say that three little children ages 2, 3, and 4 were trapped inside. Hospital would not confirm or deny any information about how the children are doing. Officials did say that neighbors climbed onto sheds, with garden hoses and tried to fight the blaze until firemen arrived. They add at this point there are just a lot of unknowns, but that they believe the fire started in one of the upstairs bedrooms.
The children were said to be transported to both Craven Regional Medical Center and the Chapel Hill Burn Center. The investigation will continue Monday.