New Bern fire officials had their hands full with not one fire but two Sunday morning at around the same time.
Fire officials got a call at around 7:15 Sunday morning on Roundtree Street. Fire officials say a man was cooking on a stove at the Family Food Market Grocery Store, when the stove exploded lifting the roof. The cook suffered first and second degree burns to 20 percent of his body, mainly his face, arms, and hands. Why the stove exploded is also under investigation. Fire officials say the building was so badly damaged by the flames and the explosion that it has had to be condemned.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.