At one point propane was shooting as high as 25 to 30 feet into the air.
A big gas leak in Nags Head along Highway 12 on the Outer Banks Tuesday morning proved to be a nuisance as it forced dozens of tourists out of their hotel rooms.
Workers doing demolition on the former Sea Oatel property ruptured a tank and broke a valve, prompting gas to shoot into the air.
No injuries have been reported at this time.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.