Moldy Mansion for Governor

Governor Mike Easley is being forced out of the governor's mansion, thanks to mold. North Carolina's chief executive and his wife will have to leave their official residence in Raleigh while repairs are made. The
114-year-old house was inspected in mid-July and found the problematic spores. Mold spores can cause allergic and respiratory problems for people in an affected building. The Winston-Salem Journal reported that Easley has said that the air in the mansion has gradually gotten worse, so bad even that guests at a recent meeting were coughing and wheezing.