Replacing Lost Medals

Quite a few veterans have never applied to receive their military medals or have lost the ones they had. The good news is they are not out of luck. Veterans can write to these addresses:

For Navy, Marine Corps and Coast Guard, write to the Bureau of Naval Personnel, Liaison Office Room 5409, 9700 Page Avenue in Saint Louis, Missouri, 63132-5100.

Requests for medals for the Army and Air Force go to the same address, but should be directed to the National Personnel Records Center.

Officials say veterans should include as much information in their medal requests as possible.