Here is the North Carolina breakdown of the military bases recommended for realignment under the Pentagon proposal made public Friday.
The list is not final, as states and communities will have an opportunity to make their case to save their facilities, including scores of Reserve and National Guard installations.
North Carolina Bases Affected
Recommended for Closing:
- Navy Reserve Center, Asheville
- Niven U.S. Army Reserve Center, Albemarle
Recommended for Expansion:
- Charlotte/Douglas International Airport
- Fort Bragg
- Seymour Johnson Air Force Base
Recommended for Realignment:
- Army Research Office, Durham
- Marine Corps Air Station Cherry Point
- Marine Corps Base Camp Lejeune
- Pope Air Force Base