Talk about timing. A phone call saved a man's life this afternoon as the home he was asleep in went up in flames. Around 4:45 this afternoon, the man says his wife happened to call him and woke him up. That's when he realized the house was on fire and escaped with his life. The fire raged on for close to an hour at the home on Huff Drive in Winterville. At least two-thirds of the home is destroyed. The fire was so intense that the vinyl siding on the house next door melted off. No one was hurt. The couple who lost their home to the fire rented and had no renter's insurance. Winterville fire department is investigating.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.