Two small children are dead after a house fire Saturday night.
Authorities say the two children died a little before 8 o'clock Saturday night at their home at 705 North Respess Street in Washington. Authorities say the children's mother, Keisha Lee, was cooking on the stove when she left the house, leaving the children inside, and the grease on the stove caught fire. The little boy who neighbors say was named Davon was 5 years old, and the little girl, who neighbors say was named Queeta, was seven. Firemen say their job is more difficult after a case like this. Firemen will have a stress debriefing meeting to help them deal with the stress of this tragic loss.
Authorities say there aren't charges against the mother at this time, however, the are still investigating the fire, as is the Department of Social Services.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.