It was finally back to school for students at Mattamuskeet Elementary School in Hyde County Thursday. Classes resumed after kids were off for five days.
School officials have been working all week to check the building's heating system by bringing in industrial hygienists and engineers.
Last week, low level carbon monoxide and diesel fuel fumes were detected in the building.
Some of the classes have been moved to alternate locations, such as the library or the middle school, until officials are certain there is no danger.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.