Gas-Kerosene Mixture Blamed For At Least One House Fire

A mixture of kerosene and gas is to blame for at least one house fire and maybe three more in Rocky Mount last week. Fire officials say the Trade Mart on Sunset Avenue unknowingly sold nearly 850 gallons of a dangerous mixture of kerosene and gasoline between January 11th and January 22nd. A fuel delivery person accidentally mixed it with gasoline. The store is working with the fire department to let people know this combination can cause fires when used in space heaters Again, if you purchased kerosene between those dates at the Trademart on Sunset Avenue, officials urge you to return it and you will be reimbursed.


WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 1370106 - witn.com/a?a=1370106