Updated: Fire Forces Evacuation At Pirates Cove, Firefighters Now Know Why

By  | 

A fire this morning at a Greenville apartment complex damaged one unit and forced the evacuation of several others.

It happened at Pirates Cove Apartments on East 10th Street just before 9:00 a.m.

Greenville firefighters say the fire apparently started in the kitchen of a third floor apartment where no one was home. Greenville firefighters say a tenant turned on the wrong burner on her stove and left it unattended. The fire broke out on the third floor while two people were in the apartment. The fire was confined to one unit, but Greenville police helped evacuate the rest of the apartment buiilding which included about a dozen units.

Firefighters say no one was injured.




 
We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the witn.com guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus