Candle Used for Light Starts House Fire

A fire in Greenville Monday morning started from a candle the family was using for light because they had no electricity. Now five children and three adults are homeless. Officials say the fire started just after 7:30 a.m. at an apartment on Third Street. Fire fighters say the candle was on the floor when it caught a mattress on fire. The American Red Cross has stepped in to help provide motel rooms, food, and extra clothing. No one was home at the time of the fire.