A fire in Greenville Monday morning started from a candle the family was using for light because they had no electricity. Now five children and three adults are homeless. Officials say the fire started just after 7:30 a.m. at an apartment on Third Street. Fire fighters say the candle was on the floor when it caught a mattress on fire. The American Red Cross has stepped in to help provide motel rooms, food, and extra clothing. No one was home at the time of the fire.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or email@example.com.