Autopsy Says Alcohol Played Role In Beach Fire Death

An autopsy report says that alcohol intoxication contributed to the death of a South Carolina student who died in an October beach house fire that killed six others.

Released late last month, the report on Cassidy Fae Pendley says the 18-year-old died primarily from inhaling carbon monoxide from the blaze. But Dr. Thomas B. Clark III also wrote that alcohol intoxication was a significant contributing condition.

Pendley's autopsy report is the first to say alcohol contributed to a death in the fire.

Pendley's blood alcohol level was more than twice the legal limit for driving a car. State medical examiner Dr. John Butts has said six of the seven had high alcohol levels. One of the students who was killed had no alcohol in their system.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 13017777 - witn.com/a?a=13017777
Gray Television, Inc.