Autopsies Released On Beach Fire Victims

Official autopsy reports confirm that two of the seven college students killed in an October fire at a beach house in North Carolina died from smoke inhalation and carbon monoxide poisoning.

The Office of the Chief Medical Examiner in Chapel Hill released autopsy reports Friday for 19-year-old Travis Lane Cale and 18-year-old William Robert Rhea.

Reports are pending for the other five victims. At least one additional report was expected later Friday.

Cale and Rhea were among six students who attended the University of South Carolina. The seventh victim attended Clemson University.

The state's chief medical examiner, Doctor John Butts, had previously said he believed all seven students died from carbon monoxide poisoning.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 12742607 - witn.com/a?a=12742607