WITN  | Greenville, NC  | News, Weather, Sports

5-Year-Old Boy Dies, Father Injured In Burlington Apartment Fire

Faulty Christmas lights are being blamed for an apartment fire that killed a 5-year-old Burlington boy.

Burlington Deputy Fire Chief Michael Willets said Jaden Miles Shoffner died in the Tuesday morning fire. Willets said firefighters found the boy in the apartment, but were unable to revive him. He was pronounced dead at Alamance Regional Medical Center.

Moses Edward Shoffner was taken to the burn unit at UNC Hospitals, where a supervisor said he's in critical condition Tuesday evening.

The apartment unit was completely destroyed and five neighboring units sustained smoke and water damage. Willets said 12 other units in the building were protected by a firewall and were not damaged.

The Red Cross is assisting those who were displaced by the fire.


Comments are posted from viewers like you and do not always reflect the views of this station.
powered by Disqus
WITN

275 E. Arlington Blvd. Greenville, NC 27858 252-439-7777
Gray Television, Inc. - Copyright © 2002-2014 - Designed by Gray Digital Media - Powered by Clickability 12624031 - witn.com/a?a=12624031