Six people escaped a fire that destroyed their Rocky Mount home Thursday. Fire officials say a kerosene heater sparked the fire at the Williams family home on South Halifax road, around 3:30 in the afternoon. Officials say four kids, as young as one and as old as 12, all escaped without injuries. The house is destroyed, and the Red Cross is helping the family with temporary housing.
Viewers with disabilities can get assistance accessing this station's FCC Public Inspection File by contacting the station with the information listed below. Questions or concerns relating to the accessibility of the FCC's online public file system should be directed to the FCC at 888-225-5322, 888-835-5322 (TTY), or firstname.lastname@example.org.