12-year-old Charged In Jacksonville School Bomb Threat

A child faces charges following a bomb threat to a middle school last week.

The Jacksonville Department of Public Safety says a 12-year-old will be charged under a juvenile petition.

Police say the child made a bomb threat to Jacksonville Commons Middle School last Friday.

Police say the threat, faxed into the school, was found at approximately 9:00 AM. Proper precautions were taken immediately to ensure the safety of the students and staff.

Captain Jason Bettis of the Jacksonville Police Department said, "We will rigorously pursue any bomb threat to the fullest extent of the law."

We encourage commenting on our stories to give you a chance to express your opinion. We rely upon the online community to report abuse. Repeat violators may be banned from posting comments. CLICK HERE for the witn.com guidelines for posting comments.
powered by Disqus